- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- - or -
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1 package (12 oz., 2 cups) chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups candy corn
- 48 small white candies
- 24 lollipop sticks or wooden ice cream sticks
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Crispy cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/4-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into 24 portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into ball. Cool.
4. In microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate chips and oil. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip each ball into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Decorate with candy corn for tail feathers and beak. Add candies for eyes. Let stand until firm. Insert lollipop stick into each. Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.